Friday, January 1, 2010


Yes, I'm taking the first step on the road to recovery and I am admitting I have a problem.... I've blogged before but never for more than a week (or two) at a time. In my short experimental stints, I proudly managed to gain a whopping ONE reader, who coincidentally was a comment spamming bot that simply filled every entry with random adwords. So, naturally, those blogs didn't last very long and are now floating somewhere in the clouds of cyberjunk.

So, why the sudden renewal of interest in blogging. Well, it is actually two-fold. Firstly, I am starting the new year off with a commitment to actually stick it out this time and be a dedicated blogger. I'm one of the most opinionated people I know, and I love telling people what to do (why else would anyone ever become a teacher....).  And of course, I need an outlet for all of the crazy, interesting, hilarious, witty, and sometimes sad things that take place in my classroom each day.

Secondly, I hope that this blog will help me fulfill my other goal of reading more books that I want to read (instead of work reading). As a high school teacher, I don't always get a lot of time to myself, and sadly I often find myself turning to the "easy consumption" medias (read: television) for diversions.  I miss sitting down with a good book and miss even more the opportunity to discuss what I am reading with others.

So, now that I have bored you to death with this introduction (I am off to a great start toward beating my old record of ONE reader, huh?) What the heck is this blog actually going to be about.  Essentially, it's a hybrid: one part narrative, wherein I will wax poetic about the goings on of a "typical" Baltimore City classroom, and one part reader review where I will post about what I'm reading, what I've read, and future plans in the literary realm.

I invite you to join me in my quest to escape the humdrum reality through books, and please feel free to comment, question, critique, or otherwise leave your mark on these pages.... after all, a blog with no readers is just another Failed Blog!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Current Reading Challenge

Current Reading Challenge
2010 Global Reading Challenge

My Goodreads Shelf

Ryan's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Followers